For this month, we learned about threads, tension and needles. A few board members were given assignments from a Video from Superior Threads entitled “Thread Therapy with Dr. Bob.” It was really interesting and everyone learned a lot.
- Nancy covered “Cotton verses Polyester”.
- It is a myth that you must quilt with only cotton.
- Geri explained “Staples and Egyptian cotton”
- Not all Egyptian cottons are grown in Egypt
- Diana told us all about “Needles”.
- The professional use Titanium tipped needles for longer use.
- Choose the needle by what thread you are using.
- Vanisha explained “Tension Disks”.
- Your machine does not automatically “know” what thread you are using.
- It is okay to tighten or loosen your upper thread tension.
- Marcie talked about correct “Tension”.
- If the underside of your stitch is loose – tighten the top tension.
- If the underside of your stitch puckers – loosen the top tension.
- MeLinda talked about “Shelf Life”.
- The threads that are made today will live for hundreds of years.
- If you hear a popping noise when pulling apart a thread – it’s still good.